What Chiropractors do?
- Analyze your body for interferences/distortions in the communication between the brain and body that effect normal body function. Chiropractors refer to this as a Subluxation
- Your Brain communicates via the spinal cord to every cell of your body through 45 miles of nerves.
- Nerves relay over 3 million messages every second between your brain and every cell in your body at speeds of up to 170 M.P.H.
- After determining if you have a Subluxation a Chiropractor will use a specific adjustment in the proper plans of motion to correct the Subluxation thereby returning normal communication between the brain and body. This allows the body to return to a normal, healthy state.
What Subluxations do?
- Cause abnormal communication between the brain and body. This causes symptoms like pain, degeneration of joints, decreased end organ function, lower resistance to disease
- 8-10 mm of pressure, the weight of a dime can reduce spinal nerve transmission.
- 5-10 mm of pressure can interfere with nutrition of a nerve, starving it of nutrients.
- Subluxation (Nerve compression) can exist without pain.
- Stretching a nerve 6% can decrease the strength of its impulse by 70%
What causes Subluxations?
- The birth process
- Learning to walk
- Poor posture, excess sitting
- Trips, falls
- Sickness, disease
- Childhood play, growth spurts
- Body weight changes
- Physical, chemical and mental stress
- Intense emotional experiences
- Auto accidents, work injuries
- Environmental toxicity, food poisoning
- Sports injuries, intensive training
- Hormonal changes
What chiropractic adjustments do?
- Correct and/or reduce subluxations
- Improve your inner healing ability
- Enhance energy, resistance to disease and physical and emotional well-being
Who goes to the Chiropractor?
- Children, pregnant women, infants, blue collar workers, athletes, office workers, students, families, the elderly, YOU
- People that have health problems and want to enhance their natural healing ability.
- People who want to complement their medical treatments
- People who want higher resistance to disease, improved sports performance, more energy, emotional well-being, greater relaxation and better quality of life.
Your Mind-Body connection
You were born to be healthy. From the moment of conception, your body was given the blueprints and the innate intelligence to live an active, healthy life. Keeping your spine and nervous system healthy and functioning properly, with-out interference, is essential to maximizing your genetic capabilities. Simply speaking, here’s how it works.
Your brain communicates with every cell, tissue and organ of your body either directly or indirectly via your nervous system. Unfortunately, we don’t appreciate the importance of this system on our overall health until we hear of the tragedies of paralyzed people who sustained serious injuries to their spine. Not only do they lose function of their limbs, but their organs and systems malfunction also, causing all manner of dis-ease.
Spinal injuries known as subluxations, while not as serious as these paralytic injuries initially, can cause severe, long-term health consequences by reducing the function of your nervous system.
Chiropractic care will restore and revitalize the integrity of your nervous system, your mind-body connection, so you and your family can live and enjoy life to the fullest.
While there are no guarantees that you and your family will never be sick or injured while under chiropractic care, you can be sure that with proper alignment and function of your spine and nervous system you will give yourselves the best opportunity to heal quickly and maximize your health. Chiropractic is sage, gentle and effective. Regardless of your age, you will look forward to, enjoy and value chiropractic care as an important part of a healthy lifestyle.